• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Free and Clear Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

winddancer376

State of Ohio. I have all information that shows I have a free and clear title to a camper but the people refuse to give me the title free and clear. They bought a bogus contract and now are trying to make me pay for it. I have sent the information in the course of 2 years at least 4 times to show that what is in their system is not correct each time I send this information it gets conveniently lost and a new person takes it up calling and harrassing me. I filed bankruptcy on this camper and still paid it off they never sent anything back to show I opted to pay for this but I did anyways. I have a case to get it back but the problem is that I called to get a correct address so I could file it in small claims court and now I have three addresses. My problem is that they are based out of Missouri can I still file in Ohio? If I have bogus address how do I get the correct address in order to file my claim? Can I do this on my own or do I really need to hire an attorney?

SF439

If you have the paperwork (receipt, letter) showing the camper is free and clear and under your name, have you tried taking the papers to DMV to get a new title?
Your question is a little vague in some of the information, do they have the camper or do you? If they do and you get the title, I would file a police report as stolen property.
If you have 3 addresses, have them served at all 3 or do a little research and find out who the agent of service is, they usually have a separate address for legal issues.

winddancer376

I have it

I have the camper it is in my possession. I can not get a correct response out of the company they keep saying I owe more and I think that it is going to have to go to small claims to get them to relinquish the title to the camper. I beleive that I would have to show the information to a judge to get a judgement against them to relinquish the title. This is a company that has purchased my contract from Bank One. I made payments to Bank One after they bought the contract and I didnt know it I didnt get the information well Bank One has told them they received my money but they will not relinquish the title.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">