• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slap for that

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chub22

Oregon,

Hello,

My 18 year old daughter was recently given a citation for harassment. The harassment charge stems from my daughter slapping her ex-girl friend who is also 18 on the face. The slap was done while they were both on the job and in front of customers. My daughter has been fired from her employment. The other girl was not fired and called the cops on my daughter hence the charge. The girl who received the slap was provoking and verbally threatening my daughter before this incident. Does this incident require legal representation?

It all seems rather insignificant. My daughter has a clean record and has never harassed anyone. Her ex-girl friend is not so nice by comparison.

Violated: 166.065

A slap is still assault. Your daughter needs to understand she can't hit people, no matter how annoying they're being. At 18 I would hope she would already know this, but apparently not. Her behavior was unacceptable and illegal and her girlfriend had every right to call the police.

I have no idea if she'll need an attorney or not since the only assault case I've ever been involved in was as the victim and the state prosecuted the assailant, so I don't know how things work on the other end.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">