• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding in a construction zone (Texas)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiffles36

What is the name of your state? Texas

i was driving on i35 going to toward austin in a constuction zone and i was proceeding to pass two semi's in the left lane. i was in a large rental SUV and i was stuck between a cemtent wall and two semi's so i accelerated and right as i pulled out from behind the semi's the cop clocked me. he was standing on the other side of the cement wall. then he stopped all sorts of traffic just to pull me over on a two lane road in semi-heavy traffic with cement baracades on each side! is this even worth fighting the ticket is $411.52. i am a young full time college student who also works full time and i live on my own. i do not have that kind of money just laying around. is there any chance for me? :confused:What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You DO know that cars come with brakes, right?
That'd be the short, wide pedal next to the tall, thin one...

tiffles36

have you ever heard of the saying... "if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all" that would apply in this case! ;)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
have you ever heard of the saying... "if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all" that would apply in this case! ;)
My advice is excellent, friendly advice on how to avoid this situation in the future.

patstew

When you post to a forum like this you don't get to choose the answers you receive -- aka, you posts in public, you takes your chances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">