• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Re inheritance in a marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

farros

What is the name of your state? California. I was wondering if I received 130,000 during our marriage from inheritance , can I get it back from the sell of the house? also he signed a quick claim deed on a $80,00 property and the when I sold it I invested it in our home.

Do I have a legal right to get what ever money from inheritance was brought into the marriage back if I can show a paper trail of the money?

Thanks, Lisa

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? California. I was wondering if I received 130,000 during our marriage from inheritance , can I get it back from the sell of the house? also he signed a quick claim deed on a $80,00 property and the when I sold it I invested it in our home.

Do I have a legal right to get what ever money from inheritance was brought into the marriage back if I can show a paper trail of the money?

Thanks, Lisa
No, you don't. With OR without a paper trail.

seniorjudge

No, you don't. With OR without a paper trail.
Well...not so fast.

First, poster, tell us how long you were married?

When did you get married?

When did you get the inheritance?

What did you do with the money when you got it?

Four questions: I need four answers.

Silverplum

Sounds like she comingled it into the marital home. But I'm waiting anxiously to hear . . .
That's what it sounded like to me.

farros

Inheritance

Well...not so fast.

First, poster, tell us how long you were married?

When did you get married?

When did you get the inheritance?

What did you do with the money when you got it?

Four questions: I need four answers.
Hi Benjamin,
My father died 4 months after I got married. My husband signed a quick claim deed to a property. The money was uesd for the down payment to the house and to fix it up.

farros

Inhertiance??and Divorce

My died dad four months after we got married. I used it for the down payment of the house and to fix it up. All the money was put into the house.
I have been married for 19 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">