• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I sue the city?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

braccuia

What is the name of your state? Utah
I was the driver in a fatal auto-ped accident. I was not ticketed, but was later charged by the state with class C neg. Homicide. The charges were later dropped and the district attorney told me and my lawyer personally that they could find no evidence that any crime was committed. It was just a tragic accident. 3 months later (11 months after the accident) the city where the accident occured charges me with two lesser counts. My lawyer has pleaded with them to drop the charges and the city prosecutor was even told by the district attorney to drop the charges, but they refuse and we are going to a full jury trial. The prosecutor admitted to my lawyer that he does not have a good case and we will probably win, but he is being pressured to try the case by the police department and to keep from losing his job. I have become the political pawn who is now faced with mounting legal fees, reliving the nightmare events and putting my healing on hold. My friends all say I should sue the city for harrassment and legal fees. What do you think?

VeronicaLodge

i say good luck with that, you will have a lot more legal fees attempting to sue the city and will lose. hope your friends will throw a fund raiser for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">