• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1jtman

What is the name of your state? Ohio:confused:I will be married to my second husband 3 yrs May 7th this year. This is his first marriage. I have 3 grown daughters from a prev. marriage. We are 44 both respectively. Aside from going to marriage counseling, I am torn between staying w/ my husband and leaving. My husband was assaulted 3 months after our wedding, his left leg was shattered after being thrown down a flight of stairs. I have stood by his side through 4 seperate surgeries. V.O.C. monies ran out last year, have been fighting for SSD to no avail and I am in the process of a 2nd move, because my husband could'nt deal with my previous neighbors. I work full time in a factory have taken over the bills, and I basically pack, work, move, work, make dinner, wash clothes, etc. all with no physical intimacy. I repeat NO physical intimacy. I feel used abused and taken advantage of. I made remarks about seeking another, of leaving, all to rebuttals of ,you file for the divorce, I'll get alimony, you can't abandon me, etc. I just found a great place to live that I paid sec. dep. and rent for that I want to keep. He can go live with his mother or sister. I lost my mother 4 months after I got married and I have no siblings. What should I do? I used to be able to make choice decisions, but I am beside myself with doubt. Any suggestions out there? Wanting to leave but can't find the door. TY

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? Ohio:confused:I will be married to my second husband 3 yrs May 7th this year. This is his first marriage. I have 3 grown daughters from a prev. marriage. We are 44 both respectively. Aside from going to marriage counseling, I am torn between staying w/ my husband and leaving.
Only you can make that decision.

My husband was assaulted 3 months after our wedding, his left leg was shattered after being thrown down a flight of stairs. I have stood by his side through 4 seperate surgeries. V.O.C. monies ran out last year, have been fighting for SSD to no avail and I am in the process of a 2nd move, because my husband could'nt deal with my previous neighbors. I work full time in a factory have taken over the bills, and I basically pack, work, move, work, make dinner, wash clothes, etc. all with no physical intimacy. I repeat NO physical intimacy. I feel used abused and taken advantage of
You are not abused based on what you said. Depressed most likely but not abused. Has your husband had counseling? Have you? And I am not talking about marriage counseling. Individual counseling.

I made remarks about seeking another, of leaving, all to rebuttals of ,you file for the divorce, I'll get alimony, you can't abandon me, etc.
He may qualify for alimony for a bit of time due to the fact that he became disabled while married to you.

I just found a great place to live that I paid sec. dep. and rent for that I want to keep. He can go live with his mother or sister.
You don't get to decide that actually. If he wants to move with you he can as you are married and you have not filed for separation. Doesn't mean he would move but that he could.

I lost my mother 4 months after I got married and I have no siblings. What should I do?
Are you attending counseling anywhere?
I used to be able to make choice decisions, but I am beside myself with doubt. Any suggestions out there? Wanting to leave but can't find the door. TY

Start with individual counseling for yourself and give it a few months before you make a major decision. Ask your husband to also go to individual counseling. If after a few months you still want to divorce, then look into filing. If you want to make the marriage work, go to couples counseling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">