• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I,m Being Sued By a BITTER X-Girlfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pussyfootmiami

What is the name of your state? Florida, Miami
I am being sued in small claims court for ($3400) in Miami. An incident involving the transfer of my old credit card debt to one of her 0% cards (me thinking we would be husband and wife forever, but were never married..) . 10 years later, she kicks me out of her life. I said "I.O.U" about the debt and paid for a year on it. Unfortunately that move plunged me into deeper debt. Recently I have moved on and am now engaged to be married. This is a case of bitter grapes and I am reduced to dealing with an 'old life partner-turned-unreasonable plaintiff'.. I do own a couple classic vehicles with antique plates on them, a car and a motorcycle. In reality I am on the verge of bankruptcy. I live 300 miles away now and can't afford to go to Miami for a mediation and stay the night, etc. What is the WORST that will happen if SHE wins a judgement, just incase I don't show up? ANY ADVICE OR RELATED EXPERIENCES WELCOME AND GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
thanx. k

Last edited:

jesster23

If you don't show, your ex will likely be awarded default judgement... which means she wins and you pay. After that, if you still don't pay, she can garnish your wages, seize property, etc. My boyfriend is going through the same thing now. Contact the court immediately and explain to them your situation. You will probably need to have something in writing. You also have the ability to appeal even if you do lose by default. Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

What is the name of your state? Florida, Miami
I am being sued in small claims court for ($3400) in Miami. An incident involving the transfer of my old credit card debt to one of her 0% cards (me thinking we would be husband and wife forever, but were never married..) . 10 years later, she kicks me out of her life. I said "I.O.U" about the debt and paid for a year on it. Unfortunately that move plunged me into deeper debt. Recently I have moved on and am now engaged to be married. This is a case of bitter grapes and I am reduced to dealing with an 'old life partner-turned-unreasonable plaintiff'.. I do own a couple classic vehicles with antique plates on them, a car and a motorcycle. In reality I am on the verge of bankruptcy. I live 300 miles away now and can't afford to go to Miami for a mediation and stay the night, etc. What is the WORST that will happen if SHE wins a judgement, just incase I don't show up? ANY ADVICE OR RELATED EXPERIENCES WELCOME AND GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
thanx. k
You admit to saying you owe her the $. You paid her for 1 year which is further proof you owe her $ and made attempts to pay her back after the break up. That action in itself is solid proof you were trying to pay her back on a loan.

Hot Topic

You were supposed to pay her back. You did until it was no longer convenient. Now she's a unreasonable person for wanting her money back.

Pay her.

pussyfootmiami

I Cant Pay, Thats The Point

I have now been (unfortunately) unemployed for MONTHS! The company I worked for went under and I did not receive unemployment compensation.. DO YOU KNOW THAT HER DAD RAN THE COMPANY?? I was under duress to continue the payment, in order to keep my job. She was in no way under duress at the time when we were sharing household expenses, finances, balance transfers to 0% cards. When she kicked me out of her life I hooked up with a very beautiful lady that treats me like gold! I think it's more a case of sour grapes than anything. I have moved on while she has not. Anyway, I am on the verge of bankruptcy and have only an old car and motorcycle to my name, and $100.00 in the bank.

I have now been (unfortunately) unemployed for MONTHS! The company I worked for went under and I did not receive unemployment compensation.. DO YOU KNOW THAT HER DAD RAN THE COMPANY?? I was under duress to continue the payment, in order to keep my job. She was in no way under duress at the time when we were sharing household expenses, finances, balance transfers to 0% cards. When she kicked me out of her life I hooked up with a very beautiful lady that treats me like gold! I think it's more a case of sour grapes than anything. I have moved on while she has not. Anyway, I am on the verge of bankruptcy and have only an old car and motorcycle to my name, and $100.00 in the bank.

Yet you have access to a computer and the internet along with at least two forms of transportation.

1) Check the local employment ads.

2) Get job.

3) Quit being a bum and pay the money.

4) Problem solved.

Hot Topic

Borrow the money you owe from the beautiful lady you're engaged to marry although on the verge of bankruptcy. Or sell one of your classic vehicles with the antique plate on it.

See? Wasn't that easy?

pussyfootmiami

you r all fools

let's see, first off.. how old are all of you? -and have you all had 10 year relationships where you shared, and spent, with NO CONDITION of expense (in the name of love).. that would end in ruin? do any of you have any court related experience in this matter, or is it just a case of OVERLOGGING..... i wonder.
seriously.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Dude, you can get part time jobs. You can deliver pizzas. You can clean houses. You can mow grass. You can take little old ladies to the mall/grocery store/Bingo parlor. If you wanted to, you can pay back this debt. Otherwise, ex-girlfriend will win the case and she will own your butt. Your choice. :rolleyes:

fairisfair

let's see, first off.. how old are all of you? -and have you all had 10 year relationships where you shared, and spent, with NO CONDITION of expense (in the name of love).. that would end in ruin? do any of you have any court related experience in this matter, or is it just a case of OVERLOGGING..... i wonder.
seriously.

too bad you don't get paid for wondering.

Maybe a little more doing and a little less wondering????

And we are all old enough to have jobs and to pay our debts.

Novel concept eh???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">