• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claims of Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandiegomom

My state is California - If I put $45K of my separate property money into the first home we purchased for $450K and then we sold that home and put the money into a 2nd home then sold that home and put the money into the current home which is valued at $850K, how much money am I owed as reimbursement for my original $45K? Thanks.

Last edited:

Bali Hai

My state is California - If I put $45K of my separate property money into the first home we purchased for $450K and then we sold that home and put the money into a 2nd home then sold that home and put the money into the current home which is valued at $850K, how much money am I owed as reimbursement for my original $45K? Thanks.
$45k plus half the earnings on it.

LdiJ

None. CA is a community property state and as soon as you put the separate property (45k) into a community asset it ceased to be separate property. You are going to be splitting the equity in the home 50/50.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">