• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how does Adoption affects inheritance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

STREICHER187

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I am involved in an estate with another woman, I am a first cousin and thought I was the only one.. After doing some research the other woman was adopted by another family member which would have made her a second cousin .. She received money from her adoptive parents in their will which stated that she was adopted..

I have 2 questions

1. Does she receive anything from the estate since she was adopted and never kept in touch with anyone on this side of the family and received money from her adoptive parents estate..

2. The original adoption records were destroyed by a flood but the adoptive parents will clearly states I leave ..... To ... Who I legally adopted.. Is this evidence enough to prove the adoption

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">