• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appealing license revoked for speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theresa_comer

What is the name of your state? MN
My 18 yo son received a speeding ticket last June (107 mph). He paid the ticket, said he learned his lesson and life has gone on. A week ago he received a letter from the state of MN informing him that his license is revoked for 18 mos. and that he will need to reapply at that time. We are going to try to file an appeal but really have no idea what to say in the letter. He has been driving without any further incidents for over 9 months. While that particular incident does not reflect it, he is a responsible, respectful young man who is a solid college student. He needs a license to be able to find a summer job to help continue paying for his schooling. Any advice, or is there some where online I can find a sample letter?

racer72

A letter is useless. Appeals must be filed through your local DVS office. Based on what I read on the website, I would suggest you son buys a bus pass.

JustAPal00

He might qualify for a restricted license that allows him to drive to and from work. Call your DMV, or go online.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">