• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doctag

I live in oklahoma. i am 16 i was found with 13 xanax bars on me at school and charged with intent to distribute. i have not done any drugs in the last month(since i got caught) and i am undergoing classes for substance abuse. I recently got a job. My record is clean. tomorrow i go in for my firsdt visit with an intake counselor at juvenile affairs. I have heard read that it is a psychological evaluation to see how i am mentally. and i am going to have a hair test administered to me. the only drugs ive ever done are a variety of pills and weed. i think my likely punishment will be probation and i will probably be administered a curfew. am i currect on this? will my punishment be decided on my first visit ? or later on?

sagito327

You are probably correct with the probation. But make no mistake, in a few years you WILL go to jail. So straighten your **** out.

quincy

I think sagito means that if you mess with drugs again, in any way, shape or form, you could wind up in jail.

In Oklahoma, intent to deliver a controlled substance is a felony, with substantial jail time and large fines possible if convicted. And any person charged as an adult with intent to distribute controlled substances on or near school property faces punishment twice that authorized by the appropriate provision.

What will be considered when you go to the Juvenile Drug Court are your age and physical condition, your employment history, your educational background and literacy level, your community and family relations, your prior and current drug use, your mental health and medical treatment history, your demonstrable motivation to clean up your act, the support you have from family and friends, and any other mitigating factors.

Juveniles may often be ineligible for probation on some offenses, and whether you will be "appropriate" for a diversion program would be determined by the judge. If you are denied probation and the diversion program for first time offenders, your case would proceed in the traditional manner.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">