• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being asked to pay money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kieranhi

About 6 months ago i started on a job (web development), under no contract, or employment.

The communication was terrible, and i had completed the work to the set job description i had.

I was 16 years old and i like i said, had not signed a contract, and had completed exactly what the description had, however, it was the client who kept changing his mind when i had done what i was told.

Now he's said he will take me to small claims court, any advise?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
THIS FORUM IS FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT U.S. LAW ONLY
When posting a question, you must include the name of your state!

SF439

A minor cannot legally engage in a contract and is not responsible for a debt unless it's for food and shelter. If there was no contract or anything, what exactly are they suing you for? What contract was breached unless it was an oral contract. But even then just file a response once served asking for the courts to dismiss it due to it being served on a minor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">