• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BarbE

I own a trucking company, I had a driver that issued a "personal check" at a truckstop..It had insufficient funds. He asked us to reimburse them the money and deduct it from his settlement. We did, but as we were doing that, he left our truck abandoned in Ohio, we had to send a driver and a replacement driver for his truck, so we of course stopped payment on the check issued to the truckstop.,so now they have listed our company with NATSO, which makes our credit bad. We were just getting involved with his debt and should not have. I have talked to NATSO and asked they take our name off their list...they will not and I have explained to the truckstop..they don't care either What can I do? Is this the correct way they should handle this matter?
Thanks,Barbara

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Yes, because you were the check issuer. It makes no difference to anyone "why" you wrote the check. The only thing that matters is that your check bounced all over town.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">