• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gaining guardianship or custody of minor sibling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elaine60

What is the name of your state? Indiana I need to know if I can file for custody of my minor sibling. Our father recently passed away which left my younger brother without the benefit of a parent. Now I need to find out how to file for guardianship or custody of him. I went to legal aid but they told me I make to much money to qualify yet I do not make enough money to hire an expensive attorney. Can I file the paperwork on my own.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Indiana I need to know if I can file for custody of my minor sibling. Our father recently passed away which left my younger brother without the benefit of a parent. Now I need to find out how to file for guardianship or custody of him. I went to legal aid but they told me I make to much money to qualify yet I do not make enough money to hire an expensive attorney. Can I file the paperwork on my own.
Where is the child's mother? How old are you? What is your situation?? Married? Do you work and be able to afford to financially care for your brother? Are there any other relatives (g-parents) that are able/interested in caring for this child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">