• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex is crazy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

YourFriend

Ex is sueing

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Hi, My ex-fiance whom I have a 5 yr old daughter with SAYS she is going to sue me for a set of bunk beds...

We bought them 4 years ago when we lived together for my 2 kids from my previous marriage. Three years ago we broke-up, I moved out and took the bunk beds with me.

Now, she is having a baby and she wants them back. She said she has spoken to her lawyer and that she will be sueing me for them.

While we were together we had a joint checking account.
The bunk beds were bought with a store credit card in HER NAME. (it was 10% off if paid for by credit)
However, that card was paid off right away by a check from OUR joint account.
BTW, the cost for them 4 years ago was about $1,200.

Last year I bought an expensive dresser set to match them, so I dont really want to give the bunk beds up!

My question...She just blowing smoke, or can she really get them back?

Last edited:

s.cruz.bray@gma

I'm not a hundred % sure , but I'm pretty sure that if you can show that the beds were used prior to your joint child, for your own previous children, she should have no case. Joint custody of objects should only apply to those applicable to the child at hand, not a previous relationship.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">