• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Breach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dnmcelroy

My builder refused to correct a couple things he assumed we would want in my new house. One is a flat area he assumed we wanted in the garage which caused a ridge in the cement slopping from 0 inches to 2 inches. I asked him to re-do it and he said no. The other was him replacing the copper tubing throughout the house with a new plastic tubing claimed to be better. I didn't ask for either of these changes and he will not make right...there are a couple more that fall into this catagory as well but don't want to list them here.
Also, the house continues to be built and will close within the next 30 days...I am living in temporary housing and need to leave when my house is ready. My question is how can I get a judgment "after" I close the deal. The builder said he didn't have to finish this house and implied that he could let it sit until we settled through legal means. I heard something called a "Judgment" but don't know how to go about it. Thanks/dan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">