• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CoryA

How do i go about contesting divorce papers that were served to me that state "domestic violence." This is competely untrue. I'm not sure of the laws in Ohio. Where do I look to find some information. Originally, we had worked out a deal that I get the house and pay him $4000. NOW, he is stating he wants 1/2 of everything. We were married for4 years in February, I worked and made good money and he did not work, went to school, started his own business in construction and was able to spend money as he wanted. This past November I lost my job and he let me know he wanted a divorce and here we are. Please give me some guidance.

LdiJ

How do i go about contesting divorce papers that were served to me that state "domestic violence." This is competely untrue. I'm not sure of the laws in Ohio. Where do I look to find some information. Originally, we had worked out a deal that I get the house and pay him $4000. NOW, he is stating he wants 1/2 of everything. We were married for4 years in February, I worked and made good money and he did not work, went to school, started his own business in construction and was able to spend money as he wanted. This past November I lost my job and he let me know he wanted a divorce and here we are. Please give me some guidance.
You should probably get yourself an attorney. This is rapidly becoming a divorce that probably isn't a safe DIY project.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">