• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing information on divorce issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lanter42

What is the name of your state? florida
I am in the military and recently got stationed at Ft. Polk.. My ex and i, well soon to be ex have been apart since Apr 2007... When i got here I meet with some old friends of ours and they told me some things i did not no for years. What they told me was that my wife cheated on me and that the twins were not mine... I knew thay were not, but she had told me she was raped and they told me no they no as a fact that she was not. She told them the truth a long time ago anf if i needed they would testify to that. So we are currently doing the divorce paperwork and i done my part and sent it back to her, she said she will try to turn in to the courts this week.. Anyway I guess I am wondering what my legal rights are about this and if i can file myself here in Louisiana even though I have not lived her 6 months since i am in the military? My wife is in florida and suppose to file there is why i put florida.. She is also the one who wanted the divorce. Of course i do also now..
Any help here i would much appreciate
Thanks Jeff

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? florida
I am in the military and recently got stationed at Ft. Polk.. My ex and i, well soon to be ex have been apart since Apr 2007... When i got here I meet with some old friends of ours and they told me some things i did not no for years. What they told me was that my wife cheated on me and that the twins were not mine... I knew thay were not, but she had told me she was raped and they told me no they no as a fact that she was not. She told them the truth a long time ago anf if i needed they would testify to that. So we are currently doing the divorce paperwork and i done my part and sent it back to her, she said she will try to turn in to the courts this week.. Anyway I guess I am wondering what my legal rights are about this and if i can file myself here in Louisiana even though I have not lived her 6 months since i am in the military? My wife is in florida and suppose to file there is why i put florida.. She is also the one who wanted the divorce. Of course i do also now..
Any help here i would much appreciate
Thanks Jeff
How old are the twins?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">