• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I sue for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Benwalton

What is the name of your state? California
Hello, my previous employer that I worked for as a contractor has not paid me the money that was agreed upon and signed. I worked for them for 6 month's and it was signed and agreed that I would get back 10% of my paycheck after 90 days of having left their group. I left in October and am/have been getting the run around with them for the past 3 months and I have had enough, I wasted so much time and money with them and I won't have them steal any more of my money. I kept all my paychecks and paperwork, everything that shows the money that is owed to me, but now I have to waste more time and money to take them to court to get my rightful money back. So my question is, can I sue for damages or emotional/financial distress? Or at the very least my expenses to take them to court? Thanks for any help!!

Benwalton

I am going to file my claim in a day or two so any information on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

seniorjudge

Q:So my question is, can I sue for damages or emotional/financial distress? Or at the very least my expenses to take them to court?

A: No and no. All you get in small claims court are direct and actual damages. You can also ask for court costs.

Google

california small claims

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">