• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! do I have cause for legal action?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marvena

Help from Georgia. Do I have grounds for legal action?

I need help. Unfortunately, its hard to categorige my situation. Althought it involves accusations by my immediate superrvisor, and another employee (in HR) making damaging, very embarassing, and humiliating accusations, more than once, which inturn resulted in me having to submit to a breath alizer test with HR. at the same time two salary increases miraculously disappeared from my paycheck! The accusation had to deal with alcohol. Ofcourse, the results were negative. Ias a result suffered humiliation, anxiety, stress, forms of harassment, and an unplesant/uncomfortable work environment. Not to mention I believe slander and defamation. I lost a few days from work because I was literally physically sick, doctor said Anxiety. The accusations came up more than onece and I consider that a form of harassment. There seems to be nothing I can do under EEOC laws. Can anybody tell me if there are grounds for for seeking civil damages. I am still hurt by this and I feel my reputation and character have permanently been flawed. Please Help. Thanks.

[Edited by marvena on 02-06-2001 at 02:03 AM]

JETX

As I see it, you have three choices:

1) Quit work and try to find a lawyer that will take your case (discrimination, harassment, hostile workplace, etc).

2) Keep working and ignore the problems.

3) Keep working and try to find an attorney. BTW, you will probably be unemployed when you file the suit.

Based on these, you need to first decide how important the job is to you, and the chances of finding another equal in your area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">