• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My brother needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kapua78

What is the name of your state? Georgia
My brother's wife asked him for a divorce and it was filed back in 06. Unfortunately, the financial worksheet was not filed with it. He has filed his part, but she has not filed hers. She refuses to file hers. He needs to know what he can do to speed up the process and get her to file her paperwork so they can get their court date to finalize it. They have a 15 year old daughter together and his wife has custody due to their separation agreement. My niece wants to live with my brother though if this matters. I know he can do a deposition. How can he do this without a lawyer and representing himself. How does he go through the court to do it?

Thank you.

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Georgia
My brother's wife asked him for a divorce and it was filed back in 06. Unfortunately, the financial worksheet was not filed with it. He has filed his part, but she has not filed hers. She refuses to file hers. He needs to know what he can do to speed up the process and get her to file her paperwork so they can get their court date to finalize it. They have a 15 year old daughter together and his wife has custody due to their separation agreement. My niece wants to live with my brother though if this matters. I know he can do a deposition. How can he do this without a lawyer and representing himself. How does he go through the court to do it?

Thank you.
Your brother really needs an attorney to get things moving. If he can't afford one by himself, that is one way that your family could help him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">