• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I,m Being Sued By a BITTER X-Friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trustingfool38

:confused:

I live in California, and back in October I went to visit a friend to PA State. I had known her for 8 years. She asked me to move to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. I mentioned to my friend that I was feeling a little lonely and tired of the fast and expensive life here. My friend insisted I moved so we could be close to each other and not be so lonely any more. She offered to help me to pay for ALL the cost of the move and any other expense i would have. She offered to pay my due bills an California so i could move forward with my life in PA so I did. She paid a bill for me with her credit card and gave me money so i could live for at leat two months, total $5,000. I repeatedly offer to pay back the money when i got on my feet but her husband and her insisted it was a gift so I accepted. She said " You are moving to be close to me is the least I can do"

Once in PA she took control of my life. She wanted me to be at her house 24/7 and do as she wanted ALL the time!!! It became so overwhelming i couldn't stand her posesive and controling behavior. On christmas day I attended a little get toguether that a friend of hers was giving. I was feeling very sad because it was Christmas day and i had left my daughter back in California and my whole family. I made a phone call as i was at her friends reunion. I was on the phone for 20 minutes and she went bunkers. She acused me of disrespecting her friends home. That was the last drop that spilled the glass and I decided i was leaving.
I moved back to california and left ALL the things she had bought for me and my apartment. I left ONLY with my clothes.
She now has Acused me of FRAUD. She claims I stole their credit card number and made a payment with her credit card. I found out that she had used the COMPANY credit card and that the money she deposited in my bank account was COMPANY money. Im now been sued by "The Company" Her husbad is part owner of that company. I have to show up in PA for my court date. I have ONLY the emails where she calls what she did for me "Gifts" I really don't have any other documents. Since she always called the help GIFTS I never had to sign any Loan documents. NOW IM COMFUSED AS HELL!!!! What do i do? Any ideas? My court date is in May.
Thnaks,What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">