• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Contract? Dealing with the "Devil". HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chuck619

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I will be honest...I'm on Parole. I have turned my life around completly and own two small businesses that are fairly successful.

The event stemmed when Mr.X claimed that He is very adept at manuvering through the criminal justice system. He asked me if I wanted him to submit paperwork and a request to release me early from Parole. I told him I wasnt really sure I wanted to "Rock the Boat" per se. He persited claming he could get me an early release for certain.....He asked me for a copy of my paperwork.

I gave him a public records online printout of my status and told him not to do anything until I spoke with my Parole officer. No monies were exchanged or even spoken about. He called my phone over and over asking me for more documentation and paperwork. I had spoken with my Parole officer who advised me not to submit any early release papers.

I called MrX and told him I wasnt interested in filing any papers.

MrX told me he had already spent hours and hours looking up case law on early release and that I owed him money. I told him he was insane and tha i wasnt giving any criminal wierdo a dime for looking up case law for me without telling me there would be a chage. Matter of fact I never agreed to give him anything nor did he ask. MrX has a cocaine addiction and became myopic on these so called monies I owed him. I told him to leave me alone and that I wasnt giving him anything.

3 months later I get a letter from him demanding $90.00 in 10 days or he was going to sue me in small claims court. I sent him an E-Mail and told him he had lost his mind.

3 more months passed without any contact or letters and I found out through a friend that MrX was jailed for identity theft. MrX fought his case from his county jail cell for a year and beat the case.

Upon MrX's release from county jail and aquittal MrX immediately sent my parole officer a letter demanding that he revoke/violate my parole and place me in jail. My parole officer called me in to his office and told me that this guy is a nutcase and to see him in small claims court if thats what needed to happen.

After my Parole officer sent MrX a letter telling him that it was a civil matter MrX then sent me a letter threatining to have me jailed for criminal fraud.

I called the police who also told me it was a civil matter.

What the heck do i do????? This guy is a nutcase. I owe him nothing...He never filed anything with the state on my behalf. I dont want this madman to cause me harm. But if I agree to pay him the $90.00 where does it stop??

Any advice would be so awesome!!!

Last edited:

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I will be honest...I'm on Parole. I have turned my life around completly and own two small businesses that are fairly successful.

The event stemmed when Mr.X claimed that He is very adept at manuvering through the criminal justice system. He asked me if I wanted him to submit paperwork and a request to release me early from Parole. I told him I wasnt really sure I wanted to "Rock the Boat" per se. He persited claming he could get me an early release for certain.....He asked me for a copy of my paperwork.

I gave him a public records online printout of my status and told him not to do anything until I spoke with my Parole officer. No monies were exchanged or even spoken about. He called my phone over and over asking me for more documentation and paperwork. I had spoken with my Parole officer who advised me not to submit any early release papers.

I called MrX and told him I wasnt interested in filing any papers.

MrX told me he had already spent hours and hours looking up case law on early release and that I owed him money. I told him he was insane and tha i wasnt giving any criminal wierdo a dime for looking up case law for me without telling me there would be a chage. Matter of fact I never agreed to give him anything nor did he ask. MrX has a cocaine addiction and became myopic on these so called monies I owed him. I told him to leave me alone and that I wasnt giving him anything.

3 months later I get a letter from him demanding $90.00 in 10 days or he was going to sue me in small claims court. I sent him an E-Mail and told him he had lost his mind.

3 more months passed without any contact or letters and I found out through a friend that MrX was jailed for identity theft. MrX fought his case from his county jail cell for a year and beat the case.

Upon MrX's release from county jail and aquittal MrX immediately sent my parole officer a letter demanding that he revoke/violate my parole and place me in jail. My parole officer called me in to his office and told me that this guy is a nutcase and to see him in small claims court if thats what needed to happen.

After my Parole officer sent MrX a letter telling him that it was a civil matter MrX then sent me a letter threatining to have me jailed for criminal fraud.

I called the police who also told me it was a civil matter.

What the heck do i do????? This guy is a nutcase. I owe him nothing...He never filed anything with the state on my behalf. I dont want this madman to cause me harm. But if I agree to pay him the $90.00 where does it stop??

Any advice would be so awesome!!!

All I can tell you is to ignore the nutcase.

chuck619

Thanks Judge!

He just sent me this E-Mail....

Charles:
You breached the verbal contract and I am now free to charge you whatever I want in ABA standards (1,500.00) I have tried to let you off easy but you are testing my patience and do not try to play lawyer w/ me you shall loose I have you by the ass but if you want to play that is OK cause all you are going to do is cost yourself more $$$$ and I collect. I would not pursue something without merit and that I thought I would loose. You are wasting my time - you now have 7 days to pay.

chuck619

I then responded...

You have me by the "Ass"???

Are you honestly that incapable of earning an honest living?

You would be better off just writing me and telling me that you are essentially homeless and destitute and in need of some help. That I would have considered....This?

These lies and your silly balance due for work completed is really dumb when I dont even know what you are attempting to charge me for and you obviously continue to duck and dodge my repeated requests for a breakdown of what you ever did for me to have me incur a $90.00 bill. Do you still have you faculties about you Earl or have you gone up the Dong Nai with the affable and loveable Col.Kurtz?

I ask you for a detailed bill of what it is you say we agreed to verbally and you write me back saying you have me by "The ass"?

My best guess is that you spend your days at the public library enjoying free internet access on my hardworking taxpaying dime and while away your days attempting to blackmail hardworking folks such as myself with your lies and attempts to garner yourself up a free-ride.

How many hard working honest folks have you swindled and conned?

Not me Earl. Not today.

See you in court Pal. And if in fact you somehow lie your way into convincing any Judge or Magistrate for me to give you even a penny for nothingness????

Then you Sir are a heckuva slick Con-man and deserve ever single dime!.

Chuck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">