• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Signal in IL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chet3310

I got the citation in Dupage county in IL. Alright here's the deal. Last week me and a buddy were cruising North Ave when an undercover cop (in a Bonneville?) followed us for 6 miles and decided to pull us over to give me a no signaling ticket and my buddy a "following to close" ticket. The whole thing was bull**** but whatever. Now here's the problem. The ticket states that if you haven't gotten a ticket in 12 months posted to Sec. of State you can apply for court supervision. I got a ticket about 6 months ago which my lawyer put on supervision and has been gone for over 5 months. Can I still state that I haven't gotten a ticket or is it a case of purgery if they really want to pursue it? I believe it was Dupage County if it matters. Anyone been in this scenario and what should I do?

efflandt

Read the form at http://www.dupageco.org/courtclerk/generic.cfm?doc_id=401 which seems quite clear to me.

You have to agree that you have NOT been convicted or placed on court supervision for any state or municipal moving violation in the past 12 months. And if you lie, your violation will go on your record, and you can be charged with contempt of court or a felony for perjury. Do you want to take that risk? Just because the court supervision is not on your public record does not mean the Secretary of State forgot about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">