• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about a will....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seacappy

On December 27,00 my uncles lost his wife of fifty five years. They had three children, a daughter who died two years ago ( survived by two sons ), a mentaly challenged son who lived with them all his life and the eldest son.

My Uncle took this very hard. The handicapped son went to stay with the eldest son. My Uncle stayed with a sister. Three days after my aunt died the eldest son entered his parents home at stole ten thousand dollars worth of coin collections, cash, jewelery. My Uncle had the locks changed on the house and notified the local police. Furthermore he sought counsel and requested that a will be drawn up leaving the eldest son out, he did not want to leave anything to him. My Uncle made this know before the attorney and my parents.

As aforementioned my Uncle gave up wanting to live. The attorney was drawing up the paper work. Now, my Uncle has died. Never had the chance to sign the will.

I called my cousin to inform him of the death and his reaction was to take a van to my uncles house and start taking things out of the home.

The question, seeing that my Uncle was in the process of making out the will, and died before signing it, is there anyway his wishs can be honored? If not, in New York are the two surviving sons of his dead daughter entitled to a third of this estate?

Thank you...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">