• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

after 5 years?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjo

What is the name of your state? AZ

Can a former spouse, after 5 years, be able to take me to court for more money? There are no children involved. All spousal maintenance has been paid in full (even an extra $200!) All debts listed have been paid. I keep getting threatened that she will take me to court again.What is the name of your state?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state? AZ

Can a former spouse, after 5 years, be able to take me to court for more money? There are no children involved. All spousal maintenance has been paid in full (even an extra $200!) All debts listed have been paid. I keep getting threatened that she will take me to court again.What is the name of your state?
He/she can certainly try. A more appropriate question is what chance he/she has of winning.

In general, I think it's unlikely that it will get anywhere (unless you were hiding assets or income at the time of the divorce).

Funny, but my ex tells me that her attorney told her she should be going back to court every year for more money on general principles. I guess the theory is that she'll probably lose, but it doesn't cost her that much to file. If she gets lucky and wins something, there's a big gain.

Funny, but my ex tells me that her attorney told her she should be going back to court every year for more money on general principles. I guess the theory is that she'll probably lose, but it doesn't cost her that much to file. If she gets lucky and wins something, there's a big gain.
That is sickening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">