• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DoriG

What is the name of your state? Idaho

I have lived in Idaho for 6 months, my spouse lives in Oregon 2 of our 3 kids live with me and 1 still resides in OR. I am pursuing divorce, can I get my divorce in ID?

wherami8

What is the name of your state? Idaho

I have lived in Idaho for 6 months, my spouse lives in Oregon 2 of our 3 kids live with me and 1 still resides in OR. I am pursuing divorce, can I get my divorce in ID?
You need to check your state's minimum residency laws before you can file anything at the courts. According to this page:

http://divorcesupport.about.com/od/usstatedivorcelaws/p/idaho_laws.htm

it is 6 weeks for ID and if you are a resident for 6 months, you are well past the requirement.

Although one can't help but wonder how you got the two kids away from their dad to a different state. Visitation will not be easy for the either of you and it will not look pretty to a family judge in my opinion, especially if the kids are not in their teens yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">