• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Merritt029

What is the name of your state? GA

I was recently driving in North Carolina on business in a company vehicle and was given a citation for speeding. I live in GA and was wondering if I don't take care of this matter in NC will it affect my license/record in GA. I understand that by not doing so I would likely have a warrant for my arrest in NC as well asautomatic suspension of my license in NC if I were to ever apply for it, until the matter is resolved. However the issuing officer told me to check and see if it would affect me in GA. thankyou for any light that can shed on this situation in advance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? GA

I was recently driving in North Carolina on business in a company vehicle and was given a citation for speeding. I live in GA and was wondering if I don't take care of this matter in NC will it affect my license/record in GA. I understand that by not doing so I would likely have a warrant for my arrest in NC as well asautomatic suspension of my license in NC if I were to ever apply for it, until the matter is resolved. However the issuing officer told me to check and see if it would affect me in GA. thankyou for any light that can shed on this situation in advance.
You DO realize that we are well in to the Computer Age, right? :rolleyes:
It's very easy for these things to follow you around.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">