• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marital monies?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tve

What is the name of your state? nc

In Nov. 2006, my hubby and I seperated, we reconciled in August 2007 and now in Feb. 2008 we have seperated again. My hubby's attorney just sent a letter today requesting money that was in our joint account in Nov. 2006 (1/2 go to my husband).

My question is, since we reconciled, does he have any right to that money? It is already spent now and I dont see how they can ask for money when we got back together (it was already spent when we reconciled).

Thanks!

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state? nc

In Nov. 2006, my hubby and I seperated, we reconciled in August 2007 and now in Feb. 2008 we have seperated again. My hubby's attorney just sent a letter today requesting money that was in our joint account in Nov. 2006 (1/2 go to my husband).

My question is, since we reconciled, does he have any right to that money? It is already spent now and I dont see how they can ask for money when we got back together (it was already spent when we reconciled).

Thanks!
Talk with your attorney. I would assume that what happened in the past became irrelevant when you reconciled, but your attorney may tell you otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">