• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Some People!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cissie93

What is the name of your state? nevada My friend was married in 1997 in 1999 she filed for divorce and moved to Nevada (from California) Now she plans to remarry she wanted a copy of her divorce records just to have a copy for her private records well low and behold she finds that their divorce was never final Her x is currently married for the second time since they both assumed their divorce to be final. They both agreed to everything on the divorce papers, both signed, no kids, no property, nothing whatsoever except for in her words "THAT FATEFUL DAY". ?? Anyhow i guess I am just looking for something else to tell her. The x claims to not have enough to pay for half of the total cost to redo the divorce $667.00. She wants to put her wedding on hold so he can get into trouble for being married to two people at the same time. I told her just pay and get it over with**************..What to do??????????????????????????

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state? nevada My friend was married in 1997 in 1999 she filed for divorce and moved to Nevada (from California) Now she plans to remarry she wanted a copy of her divorce records just to have a copy for her private records well low and behold she finds that their divorce was never final Her x is currently married for the second time since they both assumed their divorce to be final. They both agreed to everything on the divorce papers, both signed, no kids, no property, nothing whatsoever except for in her words "THAT FATEFUL DAY". ?? Anyhow i guess I am just looking for something else to tell her. The x claims to not have enough to pay for half of the total cost to redo the divorce $667.00. She wants to put her wedding on hold so he can get into trouble for being married to two people at the same time. I told her just pay and get it over with**************..What to do??????????????????????????
Let's see. She can pay $1300 to have her divorce finalized and move on with her life or spend many times that amount in legal fees, put her wedding on hold, and spend years trying to get things resolved with her ex.

Doesn't really sound like such a difficult decision, does it?

BTW, yes, her ex could get in trouble, but since they both thought the divorce was final (as shown by her getting engaged), I don't think the penalties would be serious. Does she really want to mess up her life to watch her ex get what is probably going to be no more than a slap on the wrist?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">