• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket info never mailed to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keligrl_1@yahoo

never got info now I'm in trouble!!

What is the name of your state? ca
Hi, I got a camera ticket for a right turn just as the light turned red so it is
for running a red light.

I was driving my daughters car so she got the ticket. We filled out the paperwork
giving my dl# & current address and took it to the courthouse.

It's been 2 years & I never received court date or any info about it. I had a friend
check DMV computer for me & my license has been revoked for failure to appear!!

Can they put me in jail? What should I do? By the way the ticket is over $400, &
I have had only one ticket previously over 10 years ago.
ty
keligrl

Last edited:

CdwJava

There can be a number of reasons why you never were notified. If you failed to appear in court there is a possibility there is a warrant out for your arrest as well. You might want to contact the court and see if it is possible to get a hearing on this. However, it might take an attorney to help you slalom through the legal minefield in this.

Also, you might not want to tell the court that you had a friend check the DMV computer for you as your friend committed at least one state and possibly a federal criminal offense by doing so.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">