• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorced, but together

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mavis513

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

My husband and I divorced in 2001 and were separated for about 1 year. We then got back together and have remained a couple. We have a home in both names and are concerned as to what happens upon the death of either of us. We have 2 minor children.

mistoffolees

My husband and I divorced in 2001 and were separated for about 1 year. We then got back together and have remained a couple. We have a home in both names and are concerned as to what happens upon the death of either of us. We have 2 minor children.
You probably need to consult an estate attorney. In fact, it's worth doing even if you were married and the issues weren't as complicated.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Without a will the next of kin (meaning minor children in this case) inherit everything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">