• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad's estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawn flenz

What is the name of your state? WI
My Dad recently passed away (Mom has been gone) and I have questions concenring his estate. My oldest sister still lives in his house and is having a hard time even thinking about having to move since she has always lived there. There are 8 siblings in the family. Most of us think the house should be sold and proceeds divided, as per the will. How long do we let our oldest sister, who is executor of the will, live there and the mortgage payments come out of Dad's accounts? We don't want to kick her out, but she is 60 years old and never chose to live on her own and is afraid to make the break from the house. The only way she should be allowed to stay there is if she buys the house from the estate, right?

justalayman

sis needs to be paying rent to the estate.

if she is stalling, go to court to have her removed as executor.

depending on how the will was written is what you should do with the estate. If it says divide equally, then it can all be sold and split or each can buy out the others share.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">