• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married in good faith May of 2007

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarondrew

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I married a professional man May of 2008. He was a bank President. I worked for an insurance company for 28 years. My husband had been ill 8 years prior to our marriage and was in remission for Evans Syndrome, a blood disorder.

While on our honeymoon, my husband admitted that he was ill (again), however, he discounted it as being what he had 8 years prior. Said he had the flu, since before our wedding (3 weeks prior).

Since, he has been hospitalized for a majority of our marriage. He worked the month of June, 2008. Hospitatlized all of July, August, Sept and Oct. Lost his title of President upon his return. He worked only the month of November and returned to the hospital. Has not returned to work, was hospitalized until February and returned again for much of March. Still at home recovering, his employer terminated him.

He is now on disability, long term, with the expectation that he will be moved to permanent disability in June.

Obviously, our marriage is not a marriage in the normal sense. It is purely a caregiver, patient relationship. Consumation did happen in June, 2007 and not since. I want to protect myself....not to have to give spousal support to a man I barely could call my husband. I do not wish to remain married, how could I? Does this situation qualify as an annulment with our one year anniversary less than one month away?

For his protection does he have a disability case against his employer? Or wrongful termination?

Please HELP!What is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">