• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aarondrew - closed thread

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
aarondrew - you closed your thread.

My only comment is...I guess the whole "In sickness and health" thing doesn't really apply after all, does it? :rolleyes:

Gracie3787

aarondrew - you closed your thread.

My only comment is...I guess the whole "In sickness and health" thing doesn't really apply after all, does it? :rolleyes:
Of course not.:rolleyes: But you can bet your bottom dollar that if the OP were the ill one, she'd be singing a different tune. Of course, it can still happen to her in the future- she can divorce this sick guy, marry one who is healthy, and then SHE could get sick and need her healthy husband's love and concern. Things like that I personally call poetic justice.;)

LdiJ

Of course not.:rolleyes: But you can bet your bottom dollar that if the OP were the ill one, she'd be singing a different tune. Of course, it can still happen to her in the future- she can divorce this sick guy, marry one who is healthy, and then SHE could get sick and need her healthy husband's love and concern. Things like that I personally call poetic justice.;)
In this particular instance I feel a little bit of sympathy for her, and would for either a male or female in the same situation. He really did deceive her and maybe himself as well. They should never have married. She didn't love him enough to marry him even if his remission had ended, and he didn't love her enough to give her a choice about marrying him even though his remission had ended.

I would feel more the way that everyone else feels if they had been married for a while and then either one of them got sick.

Silverplum

In this particular instance I feel a little bit of sympathy for her, and would for either a male or female in the same situation. He really did deceive her and maybe himself as well. They should never have married. She didn't love him enough to marry him even if his remission had ended, and he didn't love her enough to give her a choice about marrying him even though his remission had ended.

I would feel more the way that everyone else feels if they had been married for a while and then either one of them got sick.
Here, Ld, go handle a TAX problem, instead of parsing the emotional status of divorcees:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=405937

mistoffolees

That's not really fair to either of them.

He may not have known that the disease came back. His response that it was the flu confirms that. Perhaps he was blocking out potential bad news, but there's no reason to believe that he intentionally deceived her.

As for her, until you've walked in her shoes, it's hard to say how you'd have acted. To say that she didn't love him enough is a huge leap.

LdiJ

That's not really fair to either of them.

He may not have known that the disease came back. His response that it was the flu confirms that. Perhaps he was blocking out potential bad news, but there's no reason to believe that he intentionally deceived her.

As for her, until you've walked in her shoes, it's hard to say how you'd have acted. To say that she didn't love him enough is a huge leap.
Maybe I am not being fair to either of them...but that's also my point as well. Everyone here was vilifiying her, and I was pointing out that perhaps neither of them were fair to the other in this particular instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">