• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsafe lane change in Colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qqqzhang9

What is the name of your state? CO.

One day, I was driving home on a 2 lane road with 45mph speed limit, when I noticed there was an accident ahead of me that blocks the lane. I slowed down and let the car next to me pass, and then changed to the left lane. There was a cop's car behind me and I thought I have gave him enough room, but he caught me up from behind pretty qiuck and tailgated me through the accident site. After passing the accident site, he pulled me over and said I "cut him off", and wrote me a ticket for "unsafe lane change".

Should I fight this ticket? I thought
A) They are under the same obligation to slow down when appoaching and passing an accident site and
B) I estimated the distance between him and I was about 6 - 7 car spaces. The only reason I was in his way is because he was driving too fast under the circumstance, he should have slowed down before he was forced to.

Thanks,

qqqzhang9

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">