• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Typical sentencing juvenile alcohol/drug

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ddummy

What is the name of your state? My state is Minnesota.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me any information regarding what the sentencing of a juvenile might be for this offense: 340A503.3 Underage alcohol possession (in car) and 152.027.3 Marijuana possesion under 1 gram. His friend had an unopened beer can in his pocket and a marijuana pipe in his pocket. His friend was given a ticket and was able to just pay a fine but not my son since he is a juvenile. He only recieved a ticket for one of the offenses but I can't remeber which one (alcohol or marijuana). His friend was 18. They were on their way to the state tournaments and planned to use while up there. Unfortunately it is a common thing that the kids do while staying in motels when up there.:(:( My son was stopped for speeding but did not receive a ticket for speeding. My son does not have any prior offenses. The boys said they were not drinking or smoking while in the car and I believe them on this one. The officer did call me and said that he did not smell any marjuana and did not think they had anything to drink. They had a friend killed and are pretty adamant about not doing anything in the car but that's not to say that they don't use it elsewhere, which I'm sure they do.:(:(:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">