• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pension and divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobby2

What is the name of your state? new york

as a nyc teacher i will recive a pension after 25 years. that is 7 years from now....i was married for 56 months....is it common for a judge to award some type of pension to my ex wife......a % after only 56 months......she makes more money than me

canyouhelp

i suggest that you find out what your wife has in her pension and/or 401K benefits.

If she makes more money than you do, there is a possibility that she has more than you do, i believe that you might be awarded a share of what she has.

I am also a teacher. I had my pension valued ( i found a site online) and it was worth much less than my husband's 401K and we had to find a way to make our amount equal in our settlement.

nextwife

Have you ever calculated/researched what the pension value that accrued ONLY during those 56 months, divided in half, actually turns out to be? And, as stated, half of what she accrued in her retirement during those 56 months?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">