• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured and Unregistered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

3ngland

What is the name of your state? New York Vehicle is From P.A
quick question about my 2 tickets i got last week on Tuesday
i was driving my uncle's car ... and his not in state(his younger bruv passed away so his gone too the funeral)i was pulled over in new york( i have a NYC driving license)first time 2 tickets never got any ticket before i didn't know the Registration was expired.... since his not in state for almost 2 weeks and it expired on march 31. cop gave me 2 tickets saying unregistered and uninsured i have proof for insurance copy i got original copy fax from the insurance company few min ago (but the cop was your insurance is fake e.t.c )i got 2 ticket can i do say not guilty for insurance ticket **************..i got since i have proof and it's valid till 08/06/08
i don't have the Registration with me since my uncle is not here and i don't mind paying the fine what should i do :(

The Occultist

Renew the car's registration. Bring proof of the renewal and proof of insurance to court with you. If the car truly was insured at the time of stop, and you truly had the insurance cards in the car with you, my guess is you will see a dismissal on the insurance charge, and a reduction in fines for the registration charge. After that, demand payment for the fines and the registration renewal from your uncle.

3ngland

Yes i did have proof with me during when the cop pulled me over and i also right now have the file (full policy) i was insured... should i just say not guilty and mail the ticket with proof.....insurance copies . it all shows i am valid till 08/06/08
next question is what if i pay for the renewal... if i go to the TVB office and plead guilty and pay for it i will get my renewal in a day or so copy of it as well

is there anything like my license would get suspended ...

The Occultist

Go to the DMV, get your renewal, bring proof of your renewal to court with you, plead guilty, and you might see a reduction in fine. Your license should not be affected by this.

3ngland

New York State License
Vehicle is under my uncle's name(P.A)
I have a Quick Question ...... i mailed my ticket plea not guilty since my car had(08/07/07- 08/06/08) insurance,during also when the cop pulled me over (04/15/08) i attached documents, plea not guilty and mailed my ticket but i still received a reply back sayin i will have too appear in court ... what should i do? do i need a lawyer **************

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">