• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental property ants and gutter cleaning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lauras2u

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My rental property has ants. I suspected when i moved in this was so since i found ant killer in a cabinetbut we didnt see any until spring. Big carpenter ants.

I know my landlord will refuse to do anythign bout the ants so my question is, whose responsibility are these?

I also do not know who needs to clean the gutters on a rental house. I never had a LL refuse to do the regular maintenence on a house before.

Dead limbs on a tree?

Cvillecpm

Ant Stakes!!! Very CHEAP and easy to use if you read the directions...If your landlord does not clean the gutters, you can have it done fairly inexpensively - there may even be gutter guards on them which means they may not need cleaning at all.

lauras2u

i could also replace the toilet handle for 5 dollars and a few moments time but i am being treated poorly I am not about to do more than i have to. My lease clearly states that all repairs shall be done by professions. If the wrench slips as i repair a problem she should have fixed, i am responsible for the damages.

Yes i will move end of this lease this woman is intolorable.

5 days no heat in late October, 3 weeks no dishes or laundry over christmas...-repair and deduct sewer work. She will not replace the toilet handle. She will not fix the washer. For the floor tiles coming up, she knew was coming up as we moved in, she tells me to slap glue on it myself. She took the garage door opener to her new house when she moved (wasnt here when i was viewing) so the garage door doesnt lock, her solution is for me to pay for and install a new garage door opener. She doesnt care we dont have many of the keys to the house, we can get in 2 doors that should be enough.

The lease states only that i will maintain the premises in clean and sanitary condition. It does not address these issues. I see water marks on the ceiling where the gutters backed up in previous years from not being cleaned.

Ants...as i stated i found ant poison when i moved in in late october, this is a lingering problem probibly due to the back deck not being fully constructed of pressure treated lumber. I can hold the polulation down occationally with ant stakes but they will not cure it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">