• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What evidence is needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JustAPal00

What is the name of your state? PA

My girlfriend was friends with a neighbor of hers who is going through a divorce. She had actually known this girl since high school. Right before Christmas the girl mentioned to my GF that she wasn't going to be able to buy her kids much for Christmas because a check she was waiting for wasn't going to get there until mid Jan. My GF being the nice person she is said they could go to Target and she would charge the gifts for the girl, and then in Jan she could pay her back. Well Jan came and went with no payment. All of a sudden this girl quit coming over and stopped answering her phone. In mid Feb she called my GF and left a message on my GFs phone that the govt had frozen her accounts and she would pay the money back as soon as she could. In the message she never mentioned how much the amount owed was or for what reason she owed the money. She just acknowledged the message my GF had left for her and that she would repay her. Then my GF heard through a mutual friend that the girl spent the money and her accounts were never frozen.

My question is would the Store receipt listing the merchandise purchased and the recorded message be enough evidence to win in small claims court? Or should she consider it a lesson learned and not loan money anymore!

Hot Topic

A recorded message admitting to the debt should help in court. She should sue, then resolve never to loan money to anyone.

Your girlfriend should have wondered why the father couldn't fork out money for Christmas presents for his children.

She is officially issued the "I'm a recovering sucker" t-shirt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">