• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SBI right to review report.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gprotein

What is the name of your state? North Carolina.

I had to request a state wide background check (right to review) from our NC SBI. The reports read this:

... As a result of your requested search, NO CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORD was found.

Due to arrest activity occuring after this search was conducted, it is recommend that a new inquiry be made for any subsequent uses. This record should not be used after 90 days from the date of this correspondence.

I had an unresolved moving violations when I requested this 'Right to review' from SBI. This was not a DUI, it was simply a moving violation going at 53 on a 25 road. I hired an attorney who represented me and resolved this violation. Our DA lowered my ticket to 34 on a 25. But this was not done before SBI finished their background check.

I was wondering what 'arrest activity' SBI is referring to. I have no other criminal or traffic or any violations.

I needed this report for my medical school admissions. I am a bit worried about this background check report.

I would appreciate any attorney's comment in this regard, especially if you are from NC. Should I consider hiring an attorney? If so, what kind of lawyer? Criminal lawyer?

Thanks,
S.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">