• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debra wright

when i went to pick up my 10 month old from my ex husbands house, he started to argue with me i tried to leave to avoid a confrontation when i did he pushed me from behind while i was holding the baby. my two other children witnessed this they are 9 and 6. when i called the police to report this incident he tols them that i had assalted him. my question is can my kids testify to what they saw. they are not my exs children. if they can testify what grounds can i use to insure this happens

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You need a criminal law attorney to help you if you are being charged by the police. A personal injury attorney if you plan on suing him civilly for battery.

Each state has rules about whether young children are "competent" to testify. Some give outright minimum ages and some give a rule where the judge can interview them.

Your attorney will know. Try http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">