• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sanctions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

almostsm

What would a "nasty" be?

I'm thinking it might have to do with the discovery that the other side requested that wasn't in within the 30 days. But prior to the sanction motion, discovery was sent out so isn't it moot? Is this a hearing both sides must attend?

seniorjudge

What would a "nasty" be?

I'm thinking it might have to do with the discovery that the other side requested that wasn't in within the 30 days. But prior to the sanction motion, discovery was sent out so isn't it moot? Is this a hearing both sides must attend?
No one can guess from your vague post what you are talking about.

So go to the hearing already.

I'm guessing that OP didn't respond to discovery within thirty days, and a motion to compel and for sanctions was filed.

I'm further guessing that OP then answered the discovery.

The motion may, or may not, be moot. For example, the other side might still be complaining that the discovery was incomplete. Or they may want their costs for forcing OP to comply.

OP - call the other side and see if they are willing to pass the hearing because the discovery is filed. If they say they are, send a letter confirming your understanding by fax so you have a written record.

If they won't, or if you can't reach them, attend the hearing, since you never, never miss a hearing. Be prepared to explain why you ignored a court deadline, and be prepared to explain why the discovery answers are complete.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">