• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alienation of Affection or Equivalent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andi74

I am in Iowa. I understand that you can't sue for alienation of affection anymore. Is there anything else that could be done as an equivalent? My friend & I finally caught her husband and his 18 year old "mistress" naked together and got pictures of them. He is 34 by the way. This has been going on for a while. My friend would very much like to make this girl pay for causing the marriage to break up.

Just Blue

I am in Iowa. I understand that you can't sue for alienation of affection anymore. Is there anything else that could be done as an equivalent? My friend & I finally caught her husband and his 18 year old "mistress" naked together and got pictures of them. He is 34 by the way. This has been going on for a while. My friend would very much like to make this girl pay for causing the marriage to break up.
You gotta be freaking kidding me! She holds an 18 year old girl responsible and not the 34 year old ADULT husband who said the vows?? Hubby is responsible. Period.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How long have they been together? Depending on that answer, statutory rape against hubby could come into play. But going after the CHILD? That speaks volumes about your friend. NEGATIVE volumes. And you better be quite sure that the person she caught naked was over the age of 18. If not you are in big time trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">