• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

freaking out about adoption not happening

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiger99001

What is the name of your state? WA
My husband and I have been relative caregivers of our nephew for three years , he is almost four now. We have been in the process of adoption and have hit snags the home study went through fine. But, some questions about my husbands past have come up he has two one charge that was dropped ten years ago. One that was 5 years ago that he did everything he was supposed to. So that made them ask for a drug test How weird that he quit weeks before smoking pot. We thought no big deal he would pass ...well he didn't and now he is being asked to have evaluations, write letters, and whatever else they want. Now don't get me wrong we will do whatever it takes we love this guy with all our heart. It would be devestating to say the least for our whole family to lose him. So my question is what do we do, what do we say I don't wnat to be dishonest but I don't want to give them ammunition either. By them I mean that state caseworkers. They have been great but do I rely on the past now that they know this. My family loves him and he has NEVER had his health, safety, or welfare at risk.

tiger99001

Should I get an attorney

I guess I wasn't real clear. What should I do should I get an attorney? Should I give them all they want or is there too much information

CourtClerk

adoption attorneys typically take care of all aspects of adoptions from start to finish.

Will he be able to assist you in your issue? Well, the only person who can possibly answer that question would be him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">