• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my husband has an epo on me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

staceerc

After only 8 months of marriage and 3 years of verbal and physical abuse my husband decided that he would rather have drugs than a wife. although he is the one who wanted out he would not grant me a divorce or work it out. this was fine by me, i just wanted out. after repeated attempts to settle our divorce in an uncontested manner, i tried one last time to contact him regarding our debts. when i did he violently came after me, threatening to kill me and choking me. my first reaction was to get a domestic violence order, but after careful consideration, decided not to. however when he heard that i considered it he in turn got one on me. now i look like the abuser. how can i get the court to see my side???? he has a history of noncompliance in many situations but not the law. i on the other hand have never been in trouble in my occupation or any other situation. do i need witnesses, and proof in order to have this dropped? and will the fact that he waited over a week later to file have anything to do with the responce of the judge????i live in kentucky.

T

Tigres

Priority A - Get a temporary restraining order on him.

Priority B - Make it permanent.

Priority C - File for divorce and let him answer you in court. If you can (beg, borrow, max out credit cards) scrape the money together for an attorney.

Priority D - Defend yourself from his false order.

Priority E - Take a deep breath. Get on with your life.

Witnesses and proof are better than not obviously! :)

Tig

P.S. Please, Please don't let anyone get away with treating you this way again. IF, God forbid, it should happen anyway, don't consider, get your ducks in a row and use the laws that have been given to protect ourselves!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">