• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lbryant0815

What is the name of your state? Georgia
My husband and I have been trying for several months to adopt a little girl through DFACS, we have jumped through all of their hoops with no problems to our knowledge until now.
We were originally told that once the mother surrendered her rights which she did in Jan. that family would no longer receive preferntial consideration for placement. We were told that they would have to go through the same process to adopt that we have gone through. Now we are getting a different story from the same supervisor that originally gave us the info. After being told there was all of a sudden information left out of our paperwork by their contractor who did our IMPACT training and home evaluations, this supervisor told my husband that the contractor was given 2 wks to return the paperwork to her with the info. but "he won't return calls" my husband called the contractor directly and he told my husband that this was the first he'd heard of such. After a long conversation with this contractor my husband and I realized that we have been lied to by this supervisor. Can someone please tell us which info is correct regarding family once rights are surrendered.

Badgrkrik

Sorry I cant give you legal advice, but I do know what you are going through. My thread is a few ahead of yours, we are in Iowa. We have been lied to and most time right to our face, by DHS(department of human services) and others. And now they want to play the race card on us. The children are the ones who suffer. I'm not just going to let this continue. I and my wife will lobby and get laws changed. If we ALL just set back and don't act, then future generations will continue to complain about the same issues. Maybe we're all going through this so the ones that can get things changed, will. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">