• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need info about judgments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stimmonsd

What is the name of your state? florida

I jst found that i had a judgment on me and my ex-husband that i thought he had taken dare of in 2002, I have been trying to settle this and have found that the main person that put this judgment on us has since died and have had no luck finding his wife of which they had divorced one year after the judemnet was posted and filed. What are my options as to get this taken care of and off of my credit report

thanks, Stimmonsd in Florida

JETX

What are my options as to get this taken care of and off of my credit report
Very simple. Make payment in full to the court. The court can then issue a 'Satisfaction of Judgment' that you can use to close the issue on your credit report. You cannot REMOVE it as the CRA is only required to report accurately.... and the fact of the judgment is accurate.
The court issued satisfaction will allow the CRA to show the judgment as paid and cleared.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">