• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She Cheated, Can I use this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snoop-bc

What is the name of your state? NJ

I've been married for just over 4 years. We've resided in the same home for 10 years. My wife wants a divorce. I still want to try to work on things. There are two young live that will greatly be effected by this and I don't want my kids to suffer. She says " I Love you but I'm not In Love with you."

While I was working two jobs to get us caught back up on bills. She had an affair for almost 17 months. Now that the divorce looks inevitable. Can I use this to stop her from trying to take me for all I'm worth. I really want my kids to be with me but I know my state strongly favors Mothers over Fathers. The only way for me to get residential custody is to prove she's an unfit Mother. I can't d that to my kids. To much pain. I have no problem paying child support. I don't think I should pay Alimony to a woman who sheated while I was working to pay bills in her name and mine.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? NJ

I've been married for just over 4 years. We've resided in the same home for 10 years. My wife wants a divorce. I still want to try to work on things. There are two young live that will greatly be effected by this and I don't want my kids to suffer. She says " I Love you but I'm not In Love with you."

While I was working two jobs to get us caught back up on bills. She had an affair for almost 17 months. Now that the divorce looks inevitable. Can I use this to stop her from trying to take me for all I'm worth. I really want my kids to be with me but I know my state strongly favors Mothers over Fathers. The only way for me to get residential custody is to prove she's an unfit Mother. I can't d that to my kids. To much pain. I have no problem paying child support. I don't think I should pay Alimony to a woman who sheated while I was working to pay bills in her name and mine.
You have a short term marriage. Alimony isn't going to be an issue. However, that does not change the fact that you will each be entitled to 1/2 of the marital assets, and each be responsible for 1/2 of the marital debt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">